Aloo Tikkis have been a long time favorite recipe for me and I have been serving it to my family, kids, and all the guests who have turned up at our place. I decided to write in this easy, fun recipe which can be a great snack for your guests and they would go gaga over it.
Preparation Time: 20 Min’s
Cooking Time: 10 Min’s
Makes: 15 pieces of Aloo Tikki
8 medium-sized potatoes
8 Slices of Bread
1 Small Bowl of Suji
1 tsp Zeera
3 finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp red chilly powder
A few coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Steps To Make Aloo Tikkis
1. Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker. Peel them and mash them.
2. Soak the bread slices in a bowl of water for half a minute. Remove the bread slices, squeeze the excess water and mix it with the mashed potato batter.
3. Add red chilly powder, zeera, salt and the finely chopped green chillies and mix it well.
4. Make round shaped tikkis with the batter.(the shape can be oval as well).
5. Dip the round-shaped tikkis into Suji.
6. Heat the oil and fry the round shaped tikkis on high flame.
7. Serve the tikkis with tomato sauce or green chutney.
The Aaloo Tikkis can be served with soft drinks or garam chai on a rainy day. Let us know if you prepare the recipe, do share in your views in the comments section below.